Monday, August 26, 2013

Class excitements and expectations

          Along with studying Education I also study Psychology. I love it when these two fields combine and interact with one another, so from the first time I saw this courses title I was excited to begin. I am excited to learn about methods for keeping motivation, class management skills, and critical thinking. This is my first semester of education classes and I'm excited to begin learning how to teach. I think learning about motivation will be very interesting because there are many varieties that work for each individual. I want to be equipped with the tools to know which method of motivation to use for each student and each subject. Then I am looking forward to critical thinking and management skills because I know very little about what it looks like to teach these two topics. I want to be the best teacher that I can. So I want to learn how I can make that happen through this course. I just want to retain as many methods, techniques, and theories that will help my students thrive! I am also excited to develop some beneficial and fun relationships with other future teachers in this course! I love to learn from others and think that this classroom will create a great environment to learn from one another. I am assuming that this course will give me a foundation and basics for teaching in a classroom. By providing different theories on motivation, management skills, learning environments, standard tests, and assessments. The class will also help me in my future career by providing the variety of opinions from other subject areas like art education, deaf education, and secondary education. This class is going to help to form myself into a better teacher who is pushing for better education for our kids. 

1 comment:

  1. Abby, I think your enthusiasm for your future teaching practice will help you retain much of what we learn in the class - and I hope that you learn from others in our learning community as well :)

    ReplyDelete